Monday, June 25, 2012

Mojo Grill, Fish Tacos, and Mojo IPA

The tunes of Steve Vai on the television, a painting of Stevie Ray Vaughn on the wall, fish tacos, and Boulder  Beer.  Doesn't sound like Ocala, Florida?  I didn't think so either.  At least, not until I found Mojo Grill and found many of my favorite things at a place other than my house.

Mojo Grill seems unassuming enough on the outside.  Part of a strip mall that does not scream "HEY YOU, YOU'RE GONNA HAVE A BLAST IN HERE!!!," you could easily drive by Mojo Grill and never know you missed such a great place.  Do yourself a favor and do not miss this place.

Back to the tunes of Steve Vai.  Figuring that a place called Mojo Grill may do well with Boulder Brewing's Mojo IPA, I stopped on in around lunchtime and figured I could find something at a place with this type of name.  When I walked in, my first thought was "Man, I wish this was Friday night!"  On the televisions was the concert video of the Crossroads Guitar Festival featuring Eric Clapton, Joe Walsh, Mr. Steve Vai, and much more.  Add to that, the festive atmosphere brought on by the staff and customers and I felt like I was at a bar on a weekend, not lunch on Monday.    

To the menu.  Just knowing they had to have fish tacos on the menu, I searched them out and yep, there they were.  Also, I looked towards the kitchen and saw a sign saying "Try Our New Mojo IPA."

LUVIN' IT!

The fish tacos were great.  Described as "Mojo Fish Tacos - 2 blackened fish tacos topped with cilantro and chipolte slaw, served with rice and beans."  Nice tacos.  Served on a soft shell with grilled fish and very fresh slaw, I found this duo to be very refreshing.  I'm quickly finding that I can create a 2X2 Matrix (Thank you Cornell University) that can describe fish tacos on an axis of refreshing/savory and food truck/gourmet.  By this matrix, you can easily show someone what the spirit of the tacos is all about.  I think I will create this matrix and see where it goes.

I spoke to Rondo and Angel, the folks in charge and discussed some great hings we can do to help get these two great brands together (and give me an excuse to be here more often).  As it turns out, we are gonna set up some events on Friday and Saturday, August 17 and 18 to support these guys.  They have Live Music on the weekends and i can just imagine how great Mojo Grill is with live music going on.

Mojo Grill has immediately become one of my favorite places to go and i am looking forward to spending a lot of time here.  Cheers!!

  http://www.mojogrillandcatering.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment