Sunday, September 18, 2011

Dunedin Beer Festival



Setting Up
The Renegades had the pleasure of working the Dunedin Beer Festival, brought to you by the Dunedin House of Beer.  We had an awesome time for several reasons:

1.  It was to benefit the Dunedin Doggie Rescue, so they had me at hello.

2.  The band, the Black Honkeys, were awesome.  A blend of funk, jazz, and some rock (or so I perceived), they kept the crowd enthralled the whole time.

What would become our booth!!
The view from our booth
Nighttime approaches
3.  We were serving some crowd favorites.  We had the classic Hazed and Infused and it was roundly loved.  We also had the Boulder Brewing Sweaty Betty Blonde, which is always a crowd favorite in the Florida sun.  Lastly, we had the Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan, which is quickly becoming a favorite and raising some eyebrows at every festival the Renegades show up at.

The Dunedin Homebrewers also showed out in force and I had a delicious Belgian Blonde from one of their brewers as well as a Goze, which I can't say I've ever seen a homebrewer attempt.  Delicious with just a touch of salt present.  The only other Goze I had ever had was from Leipzeiger, and this one definitely gives it a run for the money.
The homebrewers table

All the Bettys were sweaty
The local Rotary also helped out and we were given three volunteers throughout the night who all ROCKED. I am constantly having to remind myself of how lucky I am to be a part of this culture.  Here's to BEER!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment