Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pint Night at Stogies

The awesome Tayler serving some delicious brews
Had a great time at Stogies in St. Augustine tonight.  Spent the day with Pete from Champion Brands working the Jacksonville and then hit America's oldest city about 2pm and set up camp to do a Lazy Magnolia / Boulder Brewing Pint Night with some great live music.  Our gracious hostess Tayler, who set this up, took great care of us and we heard some outstanding live music from the band "Surrogate" who took the stage for Eric Brigmone who was welcoming his newborn son into the world.

We set up with Boulder Brewing's limited release Hoopla Pale Ale which is a collaboration between Boulder and Kyle Hollingsworth (keyboard player for String Cheese Incident), and Lazy Magnolia's Southern Pecan.  One of my best buddies, Daneaux Narrow of Mermaid Juice Brewing met me up there and we had a great time.  The band rocked and I was able to try some new brews I had not previously had including Tequesta's Gnarly Barley and Intuition's King Street Milk Stout.  Additionally, I believe I had a total of 6 (count em 6) shots of espresso.

If you have not checked out Stogies yet, you must.  A perfect combo of relaxed atmosphere, amazing selection, and friendly staff.  I've always enjoyed this place and today is no different.  CHEERS!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment