Saturday, January 21, 2012

DaVinci, Boulder Brewing, and an Amazing Band

So, I have stated before that I am not a music critic, nor am I a musician.  This being the case, I try to stay away from saying too much about bands at bars I visit.  Last night, I was able to see a band that blew me away.  You know those moments where you ask yourself "how come I've never seen this band before?"  This was one of those nights.  In fact, where I am very much a bar butterfly, I did not leave the bar the entire night.
To start, the band is called the Chris Hiatt Band.  Led by Chris himself on guitar, they have Tommy on bass and Crash on drums.  A mix of Classic Rock and Rockabilly, the band moves from Led Zeppelin to Violent Femmes, to Hendrix, to Stevie Ray Vaughn, to their own material and does not miss a beat on both energy and chops.  Add to that, they love them some Hazed and Infused and even played some Dazed and Confused by Zeppelin, which of course made my night.

Most impressively, midway through their third set, Chris moved to drums, Crash moved to bass, and Tommy moved to guitar.  Always extremely impressive to see artists who are able to play multiple instruments.  The whole crowd was in awe.


If you're wondering where you can see them, I suspect they will be playing a lot in DeLand for the forseeable future and, according to Crash, they play up and down the coast of Florida with frequent stops in Daytona and Port Orange.  Great stuff!!

No comments:

Post a Comment