Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Spotlight - Stogies Jazz Cub and Listening Room



36 Charlotte Street 
St. Augustine, FL 32804
(904) 826-4008

I had not only the opportunity to do business with this great little place, but we are holding an event next month and I want to let you all in on this gem.

First of all, the interior is very spacious and makes the most of the small footprint that the building takes up.  You really appreciate the design when you realize that they have an extraordinary selection of wines, ports, beers, AND they have an on-premise humidor.  They carry 7 draft lines and I have always been treated extremely well.

In addition to all of this, they manage to squeeze live music in most nights to complete the atmosphere.

As you walk in, the feel is very dark and cool and you are immediately drawn to two facts:  1.  There is some REALLY comfortable looking seating here and 2.  There are stairs. Upstairs is more seating and they at times have music upstairs.  

On Monday, I went in with the on-premise craft sales rep from Champion Brands, Pete, and discussed some options that the Renegades have to add to their selection.  Our bartender, Tayler, was awesome and we actually were able to plan the event right then and there.  I am really looking forward to getting back out there and I want as many of you as possible to join me.

The event info is:

Wednesday, September 14
2:00 pm - midnight
Live Music starts at 9:00

We will be serving some treasures from Boulder Brewing and Lazy Magnolia and will be giving away lots of goodies.  There may even be some rare brews from my travels if you show up and mention you saw this post :-)

Check out this place if you're ever in St. Augustine!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for contacting me through my blog viCARIous! Great choice of venue for your event. Stogie's is the bomb. It's a small world. Pete from Champion and I are buddies because I manage a craft brewery in Jacksonville called Intuition Ale Works. If you have a chance to come up to Jax during your time in Northeast Florida please give me a holler! I'd love to host you for a tasting in our tap room. You can reach me at cari at intuitionale dot com. Hope I can make it on Sep 14th!

    ReplyDelete