Thursday, August 11, 2011

Tasting - Bon Cap Syrah

When ABBEY first opened, we carried a delicious Syrah that I loved, but never really caught on.  As such, I pulled a case back and put it at home to store.  Man, am I glad it didn't sell.

I brought it in before the bar opened on a night when I was going to do a beer event with Lazy Magnolia.  As much as I love beer, I am feeling very wine today and wanted to see how this was ageing.

I popped open the bottle around 3:30, before the bottle opened and shared a glass with Daneaux.  What immediately jumped out was massive amounts of blackberry to a tad of black cherry.  After a bit, Daeaux noticed some big clove flavors in it.  Truly a wine that held its integrity.  Very happy I saved a good number of them.


1 comment:

  1. I understand. I love to see how things age out. In anything from wine and beer to cheese...letting flavors marry, heavier stuff falls out and subtler stuff pops up. When you find something you like, and try it after aging, its like coming back to visit an old friend.

    ReplyDelete