Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Boulder Cold Hop

I received some bad news late last year.  Mr. Jeff Brown, owner of Boulder brewing told me that the brewery was going to discontinue Cold Hop British Style Ale.  This was a massive disappointment to me, as I loved that beer.  I loved that beer in the same way that I love so many other Boulder Beers such as Hoopla and the Hazed & Infused.  I love these beers because they are so massively aromatic and full-flavored while not being weighty or palate killing.  They are un-subtly subtle which makes them great everyday drinkers.

Well, I got a piece of good news about a month or so ago, and that was that Cold Hop was going to be made again.  Unfortunately on a limited basis, but whatayagonnado?

A little bit about this beer.  The brewery's description of Cold Hop is:

A unique ale with a rich golden hue, and the 7th release in our Looking Glass Series of specialty beers. Cold Hop's pleasantly fruity, floral hop aroma and earthy flavor perfectly balance the mild sweetness of the English grains, resulting in a refreshing yet high-gravity British-Style ale.

This beer was the seventh beer in the Looking Glass line at Boulder Brewing.  At 6.5% alcohol, it does pack a tad of a punch for a British Style brew.  However, my recollection of this lovely is that it is extremely easy to drink, but again the sweetness of the grains give it a much different appeal that Hazed, which is a bit drier.

Long story short, there are about 20 kegs of Cold Hop floating around the state of Florida.  If you see it, grab a pint and enjoy the fact that you are not only drinking a limited edition brew, but you are drinking one that I probably with I had the luck to be drinking with you.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment