Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Beer Haul

First of all, for those of you who know me well enough, you know my first love is whisk(e)y.  I am particularly partial to Scotch and Bourbons, but can easily enjoy even the worst piece of barley paradise you've got.  As a avid collector, I've pulled in some pretty rare stuff, but i think I've hit the mother lode.


Today, while visiting an antique store, I found my babaay - an uopened bottle of 16 year Old Baker Whiskey distilled 1917!  The best part, I only paid $71 for it.  If this turns out to be the real deal, we are in for a real treat.  Of course, the question is - drink it or don't drink it.  My inclination is to open that bottle with some good friends and whiskey lovers and have at it.  While i can't be guaranteed of the quality, it is one of those "is there a God" itches that I think I'll have to scratch.....  

Now, about this amazing beer haul.  I found this great market in Columbus, Ohio that blew my mind.  Of course, there are some great breweries that we cannot get in Florida, so I had to fill up on some of these great brews.

1.  Two Brothers Brewery (Warrenville, IL) - Hop Juice Double IPA, Askew Sour Ale, Bare Tree Barley Wine

2.  Dog Brewing (Westminster, MD) Stillwater Farmhouse

3.  New Holland (Holland, MI) - Rye Hatter

4.  Brew Dog Evil Twin - Yin

5.  Alesmith (San Diego) - Grand Cru, Speedway Stout, Yulesmith Holiday (Summer)

6.  DeWulf Lambrucha

7.  Buckeye Brewing (Cleveland, OH) Foreign Extra Stout

Additionally, I picked myself up a sixer of Edmund Fitzgerald just because I can't be where Great Lakes is sold and NOT get some of their brew.

Will be o the road the next few days but we have organized some more events for July in the Tampa area, so stay on line and we will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment