Saturday, July 2, 2011

Mississippi to see Lazy Magnolia - The Jourdan River Steamer

The Jourdan River Steamer  http://www.jourdanriversteamer.com  is a very cool spot on the river that has the feel of a beachfront place without the beach.  Very casual atmosphere and the food is very decent.  What most impressed me about this place was the people, but I will get to that in a second.

The entrance and my incredible Honda Element.

Houses bump up to an inlet, which ends here.  Very pretty.

The backside looking onto the river.

The river behind the building.























So we walked into the restaurant about 6pm and were set to meet up with Leslie and Mark at 7.  Figured we would check out the place, take some pictures, and have a few brews.  We sat down at the bar and I pulled out my laptop and camera so that I could download the pics into my computer.  I looked around a bit and that bartender, Don, asked if I needed to plug into an outlet.  The guy was very helpful and entertaining and we had a great time talking to him.  I ordered a Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan and Kev had a Crown rocks.

As I stated, we had some great banter with the staff and when Leslie arrived, we had a decent buzz working.  She told us we were waiting for Mark and she ordered a glass of water.  When Mark arrived we sat down and began to talk business.  We ordered a BBQ Shrimp appetizer that was quite delicious.  For dinner, I ordered the Royal Red Shrimp, which were still attached with the head of the shrimp and some veggies.  Once again, pretty good stuff ad I'm glad I ordered it.  The lady who waited on us was cool as hell and we talked so long the retaurant had to turn the lights up on us.  A great visit with great company and I'd recommend checking out the Jourdan River Steamer if you're in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment